There are many parallels to be drawn from winning world titles and succeeding in life and in business. It is my goal to now enhance the lives of others through sharing my stories, experience and knowledge on the world stage through motivational speaking and via my Aim For The Stars foundation. Doing something for you and others that is fulfilling and fuelled with passion and integrity enables you to maintain motivation and commitment to living a life you love. What do you do that makes you Happy?
– Present (2 years 1 month)MCG- MelbourneThe Sport Australia Hall Of Fame exists to inspire all Australians by recognising and promoting the outstanding sporting achievements of our greatest athletes, and encourage everyone, young and old, to reach their sport and life potential. We aim to preserve Australia’s rich sporting heritage by honouring these great athletes, and use the values and experience of our Members to inspire our future stars.
– Present (2 years 11 months)San Diego, CaliforniaThe International Surfing Association (ISA) is recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the World Governing Authority for Surfing, StandUp Paddle (SUP) Surfing and Racing, and all other wave riding activities.
Along with its World Championship Series, the ISA works to develop global surfing by providing educational programs in the areas of Judging & Officiating, Coaching & Instructing, Surf School Accreditation, Adapted Surfing, and also provides an ISA Individual Scholarship Program for Junior (under-18) surfers.
ISA membership includes the surfing National Governing Bodies (NGB’s) of 72 countries on five continents. Its headquarters are located in San Diego, California. It is presided over by Fernando Aguerre (Argentina), first elected President in 1994 in Rio de Janeiro and re-elected seven times since. The ISA’s four Vice Presidents are Alan Atkins (Australia), Karín Sierralta (Peru), Debbie Beacham (USA), and Layne Beachley (Australia).
– Present (4 years)Surfing Australia is a not for profit incorporated National Sporting Organisation that was formed in 1963 to establish, guide and promote the development of surfing in Australia.
Surfing underpins an important part of the Australian coastal fabric. It forms part of a lifestyle in which millions participate with a mystique in which millions more have a documented interest.
Our Vision is To become a mainstream commercially sustainable sport, and to promote surfing as an iconic Australian lifestyle.
We will grow Surfing’s position and profile through successful working relationships with stakeholders; innovative thinking; the performance of Australian athletes; and a dynamic management team delivering world’s best surfing programs.
– Present (10 years)I’m a long term brand ambassador for Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific. Representing the brand on the world stage while also spending quality time with owners and teaching them to surf, and motivating and inspiring the staff to perform at their best.
– Present (12 years)Sydney, AustraliaMotivation Inspiration Determination.
Layne Beachley is widely regarded as the most successful female surfer in history. The only surfer, male or female, to claim six consecutive world titles (1998-2003), Layne then went onto win a 7th world title in 2006 before retiring from the ASP World Tour in 2008.
Soon after retirement, Layne decided to re-invent herself and utilise her passion and hunger for success to become a motivational speaker.
In 2012 and 2013, she trained with reputed companies such as Commonwealth Bank and Telstra and invested time with professional workshop facilitators to understand what it takes to empower people, and identify the triggers that will make them think harder about who they are and where their strengths are. Today Layne is dedicating some of her time conducting workshops to grow a company’s most valuable attribute: its employees.
2014 is taking Layne even further, as we see her role as Workshop facilitator and motivational speaker grow tremendously across a range of industries. Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific has already launched a huge campaign to empower its employees, by sending Layne, currently in her 8th year as the company’s Ambassador, around the country to conduct personal branding and vitality workshops.
Layne’s passion and devotion to her brand, by remaining her authentic self no matter the circumstances, has proven to be the key to her own career and personal life’s success. Layne believes that making the time to identify your own personal vision, mission and values, combined with marketing and well managed public relations lead to a well-positioned brand. Asking ourselves the right questions is the starting point.
“Find out what is unique about you, then create a way to share that with the world.” says Layne.